Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dennis O'Connor - Layered Studies


















Above are the studies I've been working on of Dennis O'Connor, an associate of Arthur Wicks.  I've been working on these layered paintings through trial and error to get the process perfect.  Although I've made drawings like this countless times, these are among the first I've done as a process of portraiture, to capture the actual likeness of a person with this method.  The process is solid now so subsequent works will be made more directly with (hopefully) only one piece as the study.  The finished works for this series will be painted on glass.

Below is a preview of an animation I'm working on for my installation Finding Arthur Wicks, scheduled for exhibition in October.



Arthur Wick's Moving Preview from Tony Curran on Vimeo.

No comments: