Saturday, June 18, 2011

Errol Fielder



Errol Fielder is a Wagga Wagga artist and the first of my portraits of the Arthur Wicks associates.  Throughout the process of investigating Arthur for his portrait, I'm finding people who know him (better than I know him) so that I can find little bits of Arthur in the people who have had some kind of place in his life.  Errol has been an associate of Arthur's professionally and socially.

These two portraits of Errol were painted in about an hour (not including coffee break), and will be used as the basis for a portrait miniature.  I'm still looking for people who know Arthur well, so if that's you and you'd like to get involved in the work, I'd love to hear from you.

I had the pleasure of being invited to Errol's place after the portrait's were finished and got to see a whole lot of his paintings he'd been working on over the years.  Stunning landscapes with a surrealist influence - deeply personal.

No comments: