Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Gestating
















I've been playing around with watercolours since I've been out of Fraser Studios.  I've been painting under the concept of Individual as I develop the first issue of the Quarterly Collection, which is a fine art by subscription package.  Although I am still working through these images I find it interesting to save them at different stages of the process.  I always have a fear of ruining an image when I continue working on it and so I want to keep a logue of the stages for my own reflection.  It also provides any readers the opportunity to make any early comments and to see my artistic process.

As you can see with these images they each have very different processes, intents, and themes.  I will post updated images as I make significant additions to each.  Please forgive any "dirt" type noise in the images as I've been having difficulty getting acrylic paint off the glass.  I'd love to know if you have any favourites from these.

No comments: