Thursday, December 23, 2010

Everything


I've been adding more detail of my new portraiture experiment called Everything, where I am creating an ever increasing amount of information into the scene.  I am developing it into a comprehensive account of a slice frozen in space and when I have done this it will be taken further and unfrozen. 

The project is simplistic in its design.  It relies on some very basic image rollovers in Java and HTML.  Some of the script has actually been appropriated from Olafur Eliasson's website.

The work will continue to develop over time.  Each of those squares pictured above will become smaller as the resolution of the scene gets bigger.  There is a futile side to this project which is similar to that depicted in the Kauffman 2008 film Synecdoche New York, however it fulills the dream to work on a project that will never have to be finished.

No comments: