Tuesday, July 13, 2010

FRASER STUDIO OPEN DAY!

   Open Day


This Saturday July 17 Fraser Studio is opening its doors to the public for an open day of the visual art residencies.  The artists will be present to meeet and greet from 1-5, myself included.  I'll be there painting and drawing ears and trying to catch unsuspecting visitors to model for me.  If you're coming please bring some blokes to model as I still have a greater number of women in the study and although women are tip top and great, I really want an even sexed balance.

This is the perfect time and place to come and be a part of AuralDynamics if you haven't modelled your ear yet.  There is a lot going on at Fraser on the day and for those people who are self conscious, come and check out all the different ears there are and you might find that your ear hang-ups are nothing to worry about.

I will also have Les Acoustrements for sale.  Les Acoustrements is a guide to AuralDynamics and deals with the notion of cosmetic aural augmentation.  There are only a few copies left but you might be able to get one if you're quick.

For additional motivation the massive annual Underbelly Arts festival will be holding its finale at the same time at Fraser Studios on the bottom floor.  I'm expecting a busy day with a festive vibe and lots of interesting things for the public.  I've only seen them setting up some labs so far and I have no idea what to expect.

I am at 10 Kensington St, Chippendale from 1-5pm this Saturday.  Visit me up on level 2, say hi and give me your ear if I haven't drawn it yet.

No comments: