Monday, July 21, 2008

Mosman Art Prize

Figure With Skull Shadow, 2008. 594 x 420 x 340mm


I woke up with an alarm that said "Mosman Art Prize" at 10:00am today. I thought of something to submit which didn't take long at all. T he right choice was on the fore of my mind. Thank God I had Sonya Gee near by to give me some very important information. "All works are to be submitted ready for exhibition".

My work consists of four separate sheets of acetate that hang loosely from each other in mid air - not ideal to impress the Senior Curator of the MCA and Judge of the Mosman Art Prize Rachel Kent. I also had to
repaint one of the layers of acetate.

How do I get anything done when:
a) I never plan ahead
b) Don't have a finished work
and
c) Have a studio space that's so messy I can never find anything?

I get by with a little help from my friends.

T

No comments: